5 Common Health Problems Women Face Post 30
They say 30 is the new 20. And while we have to admit that 30-year-olds are raring to go, it's not all rosy. With the fancy corporate jobs and the expert balancing act, women barely have time for themselves. Add to that, there are certain changes that occur in a woman's body post 30. As a result, believe it or not, women are more prone to certain disease and illness. That's why it's important to pay attention to your health early. Here are five common health problems you should watch out for after 30.
1. Breast Cancer: Post 30, a woman could develop lumps in her breast. Some lumps are not harmful while others may be cancerous leading to a fatal condition called breast cancer. Do a breast self exam regularly and keep track of any bodily changes. After all, timely detection can save your life.
Breast cancer treatments vary from chemotherapy to breast extraction, which can be quite scary. A medical insurance will be extremely helpful in paying all the bills that follow.
2. Osteoporosis: As we grow older, our bones begin to deteriorate and absorb old bone tissue faster without creating new tissue, which makes our bones weak. This happens due to calcium deficiency and fragile bones that can be painful. Make sure to have a steady calcium intake through appropriate food or supplements.
There are no sure-shot symptoms for osteoporosis, but a bone test can give accurate results. But fret not, these expensive tests will be covered under your medical insurance. Choose a reliable insurance plan like Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance for example, which not only covers your expenses for the medical treatment but also gives you the liberty to use the compensation amount as per your own discretion. Also the premium that you pay towards your health insurance is eligible for tax deductions.
3. Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is a common condition that results in severe joint pain and usually affects women in the age group of 30 to 60 years. It is an auto-immune disorder that leads to stiffness in the body, pain, inflation and so on. The cause of this disease is unknown and it could happen to anyone. Physical therapy, diet and medication are the only solutions.
4. High Blood Pressure: This is a medical condition where the blood pushes against the lining of the arteries. This can be harmful leading to damage of the blood vessels, heart, brain and other organs. Hypertension, stress and wrong diet can cause this disease in women, especially post 30. So avoid long hours at work and slip some exercise into your routine. A balanced diet will also go a long way in keeping your healthy.
5. Varicose Veins: Varicose veins are a problem that occur in women whose veins swell and become extremely painful. Older women are likely to suffer from this problem, which makes it difficult for them to walk comfortably, sit on the floor for long or even stand continuously.
So take your health seriously and invest in adequate health cover to avail of the best medical treatment available.
Article Credit : Idiva.com