Triphala churna is a mild laxative, which cleanses and tonifies the gastro-intestinal tract. It is made from the three most important herbs in Ayurveda: Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula), and Vibhitaki (Terminalia Bellirica). Triphala is known as a cleaning agent, including a blood cleanser. The herb also has a high nutritional value, including high levels of vitamin C. Because of its high vitamin content, Triphala is often used as a food supplement like vitamins are in Western countries. In fact, the benefits of this herb are so well known that a well known Indian saying goes like this: "You do not have a mother? Don't worry, as long as you have Triphala in your life!". In recent years, a number of research studies have found new uses for this herb, including treatment for various forms of cancer. It is also found to have high antioxidant qualities, and is even useful for treatment against noise and stress induced conditions.
Benefits of Triphala Churna
Amalaki or Amla (Emblica Officinalis)
- Is a fruit rich in vitamin C that builds immunity and an effective antioxidant that removes harmful toxins from the body.
- Amla helps to strengthen and nourish the lungs and the respiratory tract by removing mucus
- Vitamin C in Amla helps to maintain good reproductive health in both males and females, in whom it further helps to regulate menstrual cycles.
- Amla induces iron that aids blood circulation and maintains proper functioning of the heart.
- Its detox function helps in the formation of fresh tissues leading to a glowing skin.
Vibhitaki (Terminalia Bellirica)
- Vibhitaki acts as a blood purifier and curbs haemorrhage
- It is an internal cleanser removing harmful toxins and excess fats out of the body
- Its anti-viral and anti-bacterial abilities nurtures voice quality and improves eyesight
- Hair roots are strengthened and it enriches hair colour.
Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula)
- Haritaki has five rasas, or tastes, being sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent, and astringent
- It stimulates the functioning of the digestive system and sensory organs
- It is an effective in combating piles, anaemia, gastro-intestinal problems and gall stones
Precautions: Not recommended for acute diarrhea or during pregnancy. Very underweight persons should avoid using this product as it will decrease weight.