Ever wondered why that guy with average looks is so popular with females while you are left un-noticed most of the time?
Well, it is because he has successfully avoided doing things, which could get him blacklisted. There are a lot of do’s and don’ts involved in the process of talking to the fairer sex, assuming she has noticed you. It’s almost like an elimination-based game, where you have to survive to keep conversation flowing. Here are 7 tips, which can help you:
1. Talk less, listen more: ever noticed that the dude you hate speaks less and nods more? Oh yes women dig people who can take all their blabber–jabber. They like to talk, so they need some one to listen to. All you have to do is be that guy and nod in between words. Dropping words like ‘absolutely’, ‘really?’ ‘Wow’ periodically could get you brownie points. The trick is to know the highs and lows of the sentence.
2. She saw you staring, DON’T do it again: you think you are fast? Think again. Chances are she saw you steal that peek while you were busy thinking she isn’t. So, as inviting as it may seem, DON’T! And watch out for that cross hand routine. It means you are slipping in her ‘this guy is creepy’ zone.
3. Sex jokes are NOT funny: chances are, that she has studied biology while in high school and considering how much heed is paid to sex education in India, knows about human anatomy as much as you do. So DON’T crack those sms forward jokes. No, not even that. Save them for your boys night outs.
4. Try not to be the know-it-all guy: ever wondered why you never heard about the love interest(s) of Einstein? Because there weren’t any. These people knew too much for their own good and there is something about nerds that repels women (my guess: they don’t want to be proven wrong). So, even if you know she isn’t right, breathe in, and… you know the rest!
5. Comic books don’t count as books: beware when she mentions how she has been reading this awesome book and asks what you like to read. Don’t even mention comic books (I KNOW, RIGHT?) because, sadly, women don’t think like us men. Dropping names like Deepak Chopra, Robin Sharma and Dale Carnegie can help you sound intellectual. The best part is you don’t even have to read them, no one remembers what they wrote.
6. Like sports? Great. Now breathe in and breathe out and repeat: ok let me put this straight, women don’t catch sports signal. No, not even the women special sports. They DON’T. To them it’s just a piece of information that doesn’t make much sense. For them desperate housewives > (any sports possible). If you keep rubbing it in their face, well… please read the topic again or else you can try to make her like it.
7. Conversation and debate are two different things: women don’t like to be corrected all the time when they get the facts wrong, which happens most of the time. The trick is to act like nothing happened. Your job is to nod to it whenever possible between two words. Talk facts and you will have them go zzzz on you faster than you can say ‘go’. Watch out for sentences starting with ‘you know what I think...’
These tips should see you through in a conversation easily. Rest depends on your personality and how you carry yourself. Don’t worry, she will tell you that from her actions/ reactions. Try not to overstretch your welcome with a female to avoid creeping her out and things should be fine. Let words flow, cheers!