Adult film actress, Sunny Leone has become a household name in India owing to her induction into the ‘Bigg Boss’ house.
By now, we all know that she is a star in the adult film industry and is an Indian born Canadian. While Sunny Leone may register as just another porn star, there are certain interesting facts about her. Here are 10 things you ought to know about Sunny Leone.
1. She was studying to be a pediatric nurse in Orange County before she was introduced to Jay Allen, a photographer for Penthouse magazine. There was obviously no looking back after she was named Penthouse Pet of the Month in March 2001.
2. When Leone signed her first contract for working in pornographic films, she maintained that she would only perform with women.
3. She made a guest appearance in the 2004 teen flick ‘The Girl Next Door’.
4. In 2004, she was part of ‘No More Bush Girls’, in which she and several other popular porn actresses including Angel Cassidy, Lisa Boyle shaved off their pubic hair in support of the anti-Bush campaign.
5. She was reportedly enrolled in a Catholic school because her parents thought it would be unsafe for her to go to a public school due to her Sikh upbringing.
6. Her first real job was at a German Bakery, when she was 15 years of age.
7. In 2005, Leone made her first mainstream appearance. She was the red carpet reporter for the MTV Awards on MTV India.
8. Her second movie, titled ‘Virtual Vivid Girl Sunny Leone’, fetched her her first AVN Award, which is considered to be the “Oscars of porn.”
9. In 2010, she was adjudged as one of the 12 top female stars in porn by leading men’s magazine, Maxim.
10. Leone was engaged to Matt Erikson, a vice-president of marketing at the famous Playboy Enterprises. The duo has broken up now, but both are, reportedly, great friends in spite of it.